A Selection of Irish melodies: with symphonies and accompaniments
Bookreader Item Preview
- Publication date
- Vocal music, Irish.
- London : J. Power's
- Mostly for 1-4 voices with piano. The melodies were collected by Thomas Moore, who then wrote poems to fit them. A few instrumental arrangements are included, some for 2 pianos, 2 for guitar. The Irish melodies began publication in 1808, eventually reaching 10 numbers and a supplement by 1834. Cf. New Grove. This ed. comprises the originally planned 6 nos. bound in 3 vols. List of subscribers at end of v. 3. Power's catalogs for 1810, 1811, 1813, & 1815 appear at the end of nos. 2, 3, 5 & 6 respectively. At front of vol. 2 is "A prefatory letter to the Marchioness Dowager of D--" by Thomas Moore, which is a commentary on the history and character of Irish music.
- 2019-12-13 15:08:16
- Call number
- 10 no. in 3 v. :ill. ;38 cm.
- AbbyyXML:bitonalized 0091,0216:ONeill_M_1744_S.54_1808-v1_jp2.zip AbbyyXML:bitonalized 0000:ONeill_M_1744_S.54_1808-v2_jp2.zip
- ABBYY FineReader 11.0 (Extended OCR)
- Internet Archive Python library 1.8.1
For print-disabled users
Uploaded by mnarlock on